July 17, 2012

Another sweltering day in the Land of Cheese...

We're on our second heatwave of the summer. I work near Lake Michigan, and right now the temperature is 104 outside. The heat index is probably close to 110. Further inland, 110 is almost the temperature. I don't even want to think of what the heat index would be. I love summer, and I love the heat, but I do not wish to cook eggs on my driveway. Or in my car. My Corolla does not need to smell like breakfast.

One of the blogs I follow is Before The I Do's, and I found a post today on her blog which is like another "getting to know you" sort of thing. Decided I'd do it! I had a more serious post in mind, but I have 4 hours to kill at work (where nothing ever happens) so I'm sure I can do both. So let's get this party on the road, shall we?




1) How long have you been blogging? What got you started on blogging? Has your blog changed?

I've been keeping journals off and on since I was a freshman in high school. Some online, some on paper. Originally what got me started was a therapist my mom INSISTED I go see...why I still don't know. Anyyyway, my blogs/journals have evolved over the years as my writing style and lexicon have improved by leaps and bounds. They're also less angst-filled. Gotta love being the stereotypical teenager. MY LIFE IS SO HORRIBLE U GUISE. GUISE SRSLY.

2) Did you go to college? If so, where, and what did you study?

I went to the University of Wisconsin-Parkside. Never heard of it? That's okay. No one has. It's the population of a large high school with connected academic buildings. I hated it there, althought the only plus side I can think of is being able to call the chancellors by their first name (we went through a few in my time there). I majored in Criminal Justice, although I did take a fair amount of psych classes as well. They still haven't sent me my degree, though...suppose I should call them tomorrow and ask what the holy hell is going on.

3) Where have you traveled?

Nowhere exciting, that's for sure. New Orleans (before Katrina), Ohio, Florida, Virginia (Virginia Beach specifically), New York (city and upstate), Connecticut, North Dakota, Minnesota, Michigan, and obviously Wisconsin. Oh, and I went to Canada once but I don't really remember that.

4) If you won the lottery, what would be the first thing you would buy?

I'd pay off my student loans. Even the cheapest state college isn't cheap, yo.

5) What are your 3 biggest pet peeves?

-Using numerals incorrectly. If it's a number under 10, you are supposed to spell it out. LOL
-Blue pens. I absolutely abhor blue ink in a pen. Markers are cool. Pens are not.
-People who take forever to spit out a sentence. My dad, for example, takes damn near five minutes to explain how he got in his work truck.


6) What is your favorite movie?

Of all time? Metropolis. It's a 1927 German film. Absolutely amazing.

7) What is your drink of choice: wine, beer, or liquor? Or, water, soda, or tea?

Of the booze, definitely liquor. Give me a bottle of Jameson and I am SET. I've been trying to cut out soda (unneeded calories!), but tea is like my best friend. Except it's too hot out right now for this. UGH. So lots of water. LOTS OF WATER INDEED.

8) What is something you enjoy doing when you have "me" time?

Watch NCIS. I'm not kidding, this is my favorite show ever. Does it make me paranoid about the bad things that could happen to Ax? Yeah. Would I pass up seeing Leroy Jethro Gibbs? HELL NO. /drool

9) If you could have a $10,000 shopping spree to one store, which store would it be?

Sadly, probably a place like Gamestop or something. I love videogames, even though I don't often play.

10) What day would you love to relive again?

Hmmm. That's hard. Right now it's between the day I got the "I'm a SAILOR!" call and our wedding day. Probably our wedding day. I may opt to change the wedding lunch from mcdonald's to something a touch classier. LOL

11) If your life was turned into a movie, what actress would play you?

Cote de Pablo? she's the woman who plays Zeeva David on NCIS. I think she'd be able to do a decent job. Plus she's pretty. Really pretty.


12) What are the jobs you had in high school/college?

In high school, band and theatre WERE my jobs. I spent probably hundreds of hours each school year working on  them and related projects. In college, I've done everything from temp at a Peterbilt repair shop (probably my favorite ever), work retail at Target, work in the university archives, run a college newspaper, secretary for student government, and now I'm working at the local Workforce Development Center answering phones. It's probably my second favorite after the Peterbilt experience.

13) Show us a picture from high school or college.

Well, since facebook is blocked at work, you'll have to wait until later to get a photo. derp!

14) If you could travel anywhere in the world, all expenses paid, where would you go?

I told Matt I'd LOVE to go see England, Ireland, and Scotland. So we'd probably make a trip of those three. You bet your ass I'm finding a Doctor Who museum to go to.

15) Show us the most curernt picture of you or you and your family.

Again with the blocking of facebook, so again you must wait.

16) Where do you see your life five years from now?

Oh boy. Ummm. Five years from now, Ax will be on reserve duty to finish out his contract, unless he re-ups. I think in five years I'll be ready for kids. After that I don't really know. I enjoy taking it one day at a time and seeing where life leads us.
 
 
 
 
 
 
1) What is your biggest phobia?

Spiders. Bees. Anything that has the potential to creep up the side of my leg. ew ew ew ew ew!

2) If you could relive any day of your life, what would it be and why?

To give a different answer to this one, I'd relive my 21st birthday. The guy I was seeing broke up with me that day after he had dinner with me and my family. I have never been so hurt in my life. I'd go back and try to stand up for myself (which I wasn't very good at doing) and maybe things would have been different--but maybe not. The point is, I'd speak up instead of letting him steamroll me and reducing me to tears on my roommate's bed while he slept on a couch.


3) If you could choose to stay a certain age forever, what age would it be?

I dunno, I seem to like 24 well enough. Let's go with that.

4) Which celebrity do you get mistaken for? 

I more often get mistaken for an 18-year-old than a celebrity. I suppose looking younger than I am means I will age well, but still. TWENTY. FOUR. THANK YOU.


5) What songs are included on the soundtrack to your life?

 The soundtrack is like, four CDs at this point. Music is a huge part of my life. The top song is definitely Josh Turner's "Would You Go With Me?" because it's Ax's and my song.

No comments:

Post a Comment