July 6, 2012

An attempt to connect with other Navy wimminz

In an attempt to get back into blogging....










1. What’s one thing in the past month you would have changed?

I would have changed the way we planned my trip, so it would be less stressful financially.

2. What was your favorite thing that happened in June? 

Visiting the Ax for my birthday. We ate at Bar Americain (a Bobby Flay restaurant!), and he bought me a knife. :)

3. What did you do to celebrate Independence Day?

 My mom drove two veterans in the local parade ('67 mustang in case you were curious); all the vets in the parade were given Quilts of Valor. My mom had a Pearl Harbor vet and a Pacific Theatre vet in her car. The car behind had a Normady Invasion/Battle of the Buldge veteran, and behind him were two kids that JUST got back from Afghanistan.


4. When you PCS, what items do you take with you and not let the movers pack (and if you do a DITY, what do you take with you and not box up)  (thanks to Sespi at And You Never Did Think for inspiring this question)?

  Dunno, we haven't gotten to this point yet. We're newbs in the Navy community. but I anticipate taking both lockboxes (we each have one), computers, necessary clothes/items, and bedding. Maybe the videogames...maybe. oh, and I'm definitely taking a few books with me. no one shall keep the books from me!


5. What are you looking forward to in July?

Maybe it'll rain here finally. Or at least not be inthe 100's every day of the week...

5 comments:

  1. It makes me geekily happy that you got a knife for your birthday. I carry a Kershaw pocketknife everywhere I go (well, not airports and the like). :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got a Kershaw Leek for my birthday. Perfect size for my hands! I'm not technically supposed to have it at work, so it sits in my bag. But if I'm out and about, it's DEFINITELY on me.

    Ax has a whole damned arsenal of knives already...several of which I haven't even seen. I don't think I'm supposed to know he has them. Needless to say, when he's gone on deployments I will be in a well-defended house. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. well welcome to the sisterhood..the millie one...seeing as I'm an Air Force wife I can't welcome you to the navy one ;) I think its freaking awesome you got a knife...I too have been the recipent of a knife as a gift and was quite pleased. do you think our husbands know how lucky they are to have us? LOL!! If you guys come out the EAST COAST way let me know!

    ReplyDelete
  4. you should put up a way to follow you...i'd like to :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, Ax is still in Groton. I'm going back next month for another visit (hoping to also go see his A School graduation...I'd feel so bad for missing that...). I'm planning on driving the 998 miles by myself, but to be honest it's kind of scaring me.

    So far I have an email signup added...trying to get the google stuff to work; right now it doesn't seem to like me too much. Sigh. :P

    ReplyDelete