July 5, 2012

I'm gonna love you forever & ever, forever & ever amen.

Okay but seriously now, getting back into this. Navy life is gonna get more interesting in another month or two and I want to be back in the habit of writing so I can track it. My memory is for shit, honestly, so if it's not written down chances are I won't remember jack.

I'm planning on importing my posts from my previous blog during the weekend...hopefully I remember to backdate them so they appear in order.

For now, to keep my mind moving a bit before bed, I'll jot down what I remember from my trip about a week ago to visit the Ax.

As you may or may not know, the Ax is in CT right now going through A-School. Last I heard, he was top of his class with a roommate of his being right behind (cue gay Navy joke, ba-dum-tish?).

Out of the three or four schools he's had while in CT, it doesn't seem like any of them were too terribly hard for him. Which is good. He's a smart kid, he just doesn't always apply himself (much like me). Although now he has to, or he's out of a paycheck and a job. He takes his role as a financially supportive husband fairly seriously, so he's certainly going to do whatever the Navy asks. "Jump!" "HOW HIGH?!"

Back to the trip...flew out on a Thursday, which was his duty day. Long story short, rental car companies suck ass at renting to people under 25. After finally getting a rental, I checked into the hotel while he did GMT and then we hung around base for a while. We got subway, he showed me his new barracks (he moved since the last time I was there) as well as some of the other parts of base I don't normally drive past.

Friday he had school, so I picked him up a little while after that. General husband-wifey time, then we got dressed for dinner and headed out. I'm glad we left a bit early, as it was rainy and gross (why does it always rain on my birthday? did that last year too--in an entirely different state!) and the parking garage was almost full.

We were originally going to eat at Michael Jordan's steakhouse, but apparently they do not serve ANYTHING to a patron under 21. If you're confused by this that's okay, because we were too. So we walked down the hall and ended up at Bar Americain, a Bobby Flay restaurant. GORGEOUS. The food was amazing (would you expect less from a Flay establishment?), we ate until we could eat no more. My birthday "cake" was like an upside-down smore, except the chocolate was pudding and the "marshmallow" was rum-infused whipped cream. And the graham cracker was wafer-thin with powdered sugar on top. And my candle was wedged into a little blackberry! It was almost too cute to eat. But I ate it. Despite the dairy and my lactose intolerance. Ate that smore like it was going out of style. He bought me a Kershaw for my birthday. I love it! and the mushiest card he could probably find in the NEX, but I'll find a way to outdo him for his birthday....WATCH OUT HUBBY. I'MA GETCHU!

Saturday....I forget what we did, honestly. Probably a lot of nothing because we're generally broke after paying for a car, the flight, and a hotel. Next time I'm driving my own car, that'll save at LEAST 200 bucks if not more. We had applebee's for dinner, and I got to say hi to Brony, who is one of the Ax's friends from RTC. Brony is a guy who loves My Little Pony. I think he is the most adorable thing on the planet. I would take him home with me if I could!

Sunday was our emo day, because monday meant less time together which meant tuesday (the departure day) was right around the corner. But we wandered the Olde Mystick Village, had brunch at our usual establishment, and later on that evening saw Brave. Cute movie! Kind of your stereotypical disney plot (treat others as you would be treated, family is important, etc etc), but cute characters and a lot of funny moments.

I honestly don't remember what i did Monday while Matt was in class and PTing. Haven't a clue. I remember I was really sad that I couldn't see him until dinnertime, but I suppose with inspections on Tuesdays he was trying to get some stuff ready.

Tuesday I only got to see him for lunch, and I was sad. Really sad. It honestly breaks my heart to leave CT, because all I see in his eyes for the last time is how sad and lonely he is already. Yeah, he's got buddies and he's active on base with sports and whatever, but it's different than having your best friend and your spouse there.

I went back to the Village to kill some time before my flight, and bought mom her birthday gifts. Two jars of handmade jam and a new set of coasters. It WAS her birthday, after all. She was really excited to see me when I got back to the Cheese state...not that I didn't miss her, but CT is kind of home now. I am a military spouse and the base happens to feel most like home.


So yeah. Overall that visit was probably my favorite. I always worry on the flights out to CT that I'll be met with a husband who is vastly different than the previous time I was in his arms...but I am always unsurprised when he hasn't changed a bit. More disciplined? Sure. Less full of beer? Definitely. But he's mine, still, and I couldn't ask for more.
---
Orders should be picked pretty soon...if he's still at the top or near the top of his class, I believe he gets first dibs. Honestly I'm getting a little anxious to know where I'll be spending the next year or two of my life. Anywhere would be okay with me, honestly. Hawaii, while AWESOME, is a bit far from what little family I am close to....but I think I'd manage. I'm also hoping he picks a boomer instead of fast attack. Weighing the pros and cons on my own, I'd much prefer he play around on a boomer.

After orders comes his birthday, his A-school graduation, a little bit of leave, and then PCSing to a duty station. THEN comes a place to live, a dog (or two), and me finding a job/some kind of paying activity.

Life's reasonably quiet now....it's just a matter of time before it's turned upside-down again. And with that, I sign off for the evening since I work early early early tomorrow. Plus it's going to still be hotter than Satan's asshole.

No comments:

Post a Comment