July 20, 2012

Kings Bay, Bangor, San Diego...

Ax texted me today saying that he's so anxious about getting his choice of orders that it's making his chest hurt. I don't think anything has ever been so...monumental...to him. I think in comparison, getting married was a cakewalk.

Don't tell him, but I think it's kind of cute that he's so anxious.

Kings Bay, Bangor, San Diego.

I wish I could be with him to try and keep him distracted but by the time I visit next we'll know where we're moving to.

Kings Bay, Bangor, San Diego.

He's hoping for a boomer. I honestly don't have a preference (the preference of "don't go out" doesn't apply here..dang). As long as he's happy with his job, then I am happy. I suppose there is the chance that in two years, he might get the opposite boat if we move to a new duty station.

So we play the waiting game. Or rather, Ax does. I'm not the one going out on a boat for months at a time...if I was, I'd certainly want my first choice too. I'm mostly excited to see where we're going to live. I am getting anxious to have the chance to explore a new city, a new library, and have a doggie again.

--

Now that I have a blog again, I wanted to start a new paper journal too...oy vey. Like I don't have enough hobbies already? I spent this morning at work googling writing prompts and stuff to keep my mind working. I don't want to just write about Ax and I all the time, I want some writing to be goofy or at least about different subjects so I don't get bored. Depending on the subject, maybe I'll cross-post it here.

I woke up today to the news about what happened near Denver. I want to know WHY he did it. That's my criminal justice side coming out...I have the feeling he picked the release night on purpose, though, to maximize his targets. What gets me is that people thought that because of the way he was dressed, he was "part" of the movie. I know they tried to make this Batman movie the biggest and best one yet, but COME ON. With the shit that goes on in the world these days, do you really think theatres would allow that? And besides, if it WAS allowed, don't you think there would have been more than one person dressed in riot gear? One person doesn't really add to the effect, but two or three might.

Also, please explain why you'd take an infant (one of the injured was a 3 month old I think) to a midnight showing of a movie?

Boggles the mind, it does.

With that, it is now time for my noms. Om nom nom salad, plum, and wheat thins. Then four more hours of boredommmm. Le sigh. At least it's Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment