July 24, 2012

of Ax and dogs.

I wish it would hurry up and be September already. I really miss Ax.

We decided not to have a visit in August. Rather, Ax decided we shouldn't. I mentioned something about the car making it all the way to CT and was more or less told to not go. Not that he doesn't want to see me, but we should save money for the move.

While I understand where he's coming from (and actually am a tiny bit relieved I don't have to drive 18 hours by myself), I wish he had just said that outright instead of going through the whole picking-out-dates thing with me and then telling me a few weeks later he changed his mind.

It's the first time since we got married that I was actually pissed at him. I was really mad because I already asked for the days off at work, and that would screw up Lisa's schedule. Kind of the "you only thought about yourself" thing, I guess. I'm over it though.

Instead, I'll be flying out there for his A-school graduation at the end of September. I'm hoping that by working all these extra hours I can save up enough for a flight and a car for two days--i'd fly in wednesday, his graduation is thursday, and we'd fly back to WI on friday. Then two whirlwind weeks of family and friends before it's off to the duty station.


When we find out where we're moving...I'm gonna start looking at animal rescues/shelters for a dog. On Sunday, I volunteered at a greyhound kennel after they got a haul of 24 retired dogs. Walks, ear cleaning, nail trims, tick checks, deworming, flea/tick defense, basic vet check, another walk, new collars, food, ID cards on the crates, and finally some quiet for them to relax and get some sleep.

It was busy. I loved every second of it. The dog I had for the day was named Hee Bee Gee Bee. she was such a sweetie. :)

While all the dust, dander, and dirt kicked up my allergies, I wouldn't have traded it for the world. I missed being around dogs! I got so many doggie kisses from all the hounds, too. so cute. :)

Kings Bay, Bangor, San Diego...

No comments:

Post a Comment