January 16, 2013

Of duty stations, pets, and life.

I told you I was bad at this blogging thing....So much for that.

I guess I may as well catch up on what's happened since the last post. Ax got assigned Kings Bay! We moved after he was done with A school, and it took us three days to drive down here. Aside from the EPIC AMOUNT OF RAIN, it wasn't a bad drive. Oh, and the parking ticket in Nashville because SOMEONE didn't listen to me when I said he parked in the wrong space. /facepalm

It took us a week to find a house and move in, but the hotel we stayed at for that week was super nice. We have a 3-bed, 2-bath ranch-style house. Neither of us like the ranch design, but it's surprisingly cozy and functional for us right now. Gorgeous hardwood floors...which quite frankly was why I wanted this house in the first place. Ha. Shortly after arriving here, we adopted a dog from the local shelter. His name is Simon, and he's a boxer/pit mix. Or at least, I think he's part pit. No one really knows. His birthday is coming up in March, and he'll be a year old. How crazy of a life he must have led for that first year--being born and abandoned, wandering around as a stray, staying in a shelter, and now hogging up my couch and farting like an old man. (Seriously, I have never heard a dog audibly fart until we got him. WTF?) Simon is an absolute joy, though. He's so loving and goofy--part of the boxer in him. He LOVES car rides and meeting new people and dogs. Tennis balls are like the greatest thing in the world to him--after his kibbles. haha.

I haven't found a job unfortunately, so money is tight. But we're managing for now. So far so good, I guess. It helps that stuff is much cheaper in GA than in WI. Gas is about the same, though, which I find a bit odd. Meh. I don't drive as often as I used to--maybe two or three times a week instead of 5 days a week. That isn't to say I haven't been looking for a job--I've signed up with every damned temp and personnel agency I can find, there really just isn't much for me here right now. It can change, though.

So instead I've spent my time reading, playing with Simon, taking care of the house, and tinkering with the sewing machine Ax bought me for christmas. I'm also taking free classes on coursera! A cryptology class, a world history class, and a personal finance class. Speaking of, I have three more sections of cryptology to get through today after I do dishes and walk the dog. Next post I'll put up a picture of Simon. He's my sweet boy. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment