February 25, 2013

rain, rain, go away...

Please, before my dog drowns me in puddle splashing. Oy vey. I have one very curious dog! We went to get the mail in the rain today, and not only was he splashing around, he was drinking from the puddles. Gross, dude.

My parentals got on my case because I didn't pay one of my student loans. Which I quickly and politely refuted by quoting an email exchange between my dad and I earlier this month. The bill in question was not my responsibility. I DID have a problem with the one I'm responsible for, but that is being straightened out as quickly as I can. Long story short, Sallie Mae didn't think Navy Fed was a legit financial institution and refused to process my payment...but didn't tell me until I was late on the payment. I swear, Sallie Mae is nothing but trouble. How is NAVY FEDERAL not a legit institution?? Crazy. That said, I wish Ax made enough (read: I wish he got paid enough) that we could afford our own car insurance and to pay for my loans...but alas. It often comes down to if we had one or the other, we couldn't eat. Hopefully he passes his exam while he's deployed so we see a small pay increase...whenever the Navy feels like giving it out. I know, backpay, but still. Sometimes they're so slow when it comes to funds.

Today I went exploring a bit; picked up a job application for a part-time library clerk at the local library...I'd REALLY love to have this job. I'm gonna have to make this application look AMAZING. Being a librarian was one of my childhood dreams and this is probably as close as I'm gonna get. :P

I also visited a local bookstore. I was expecting a used bookstore, but this was a one-woman shop full of brand new books! I purchased "A Day in the Life of Ivan Denisovich", which has been on my to-read list for a while. I'm trying to save money and not spend it, so I only allowed myself the one book. haha. There's probably a dozen or more I could have brought home with me...and even when I do buy "in bulk", I try to get used books. There is something to be said for the used-book smell and already rumpled pages. I beat my books to shit, often reading them until I have to scotch-tape the pages back into the books. I respect them, but I make sure they are well-loved! ;)

And now I must go tend to the dog who thinks that his leash and harness that are out drying are new toys. How can deployment be boring when I have such a terror to keep up with?!

No comments:

Post a Comment