March 10, 2013

A quiet Sunday...

This diet thing is proving much harder than I anticipated. The first week I focused on meeting my caloric intake goals. That in and of itself wasn't too hard. The LoseIt! app has a barcode scanner so adding to my food diary is super easy. It had an update the other day and part of it included a little pie graph of proteins/carbs/fats for each day. I eat WAY, WAY too many carbs and not nearly enough protein.

The next step in this journey is to bump up the protein intake while lowering the carbs. The fats are kind of steady and aren't overwhelming the protein intake in the pie graphs. I think I'm doing okay there, so for now I'm not going to worry about them. Protein, though...yeesh. Definitely need to work on eating more protein!!

On top of the diet, I'm upping my workouts as well. I TRIED to use a couple videos I found on youtube, but of course they have to buffer for what seems like hours before I can play them on the PS3/tv. Almost isn't even worth it. So instead I'll keep doing the 30 day shred program and then add in more outside exercise--I've considered doing Couch 2 5K, but I think I need to find a better pair of running shoes. My current pair are pretty old and ratty--I can barely even do the 30 day shred workouts in them because the treads are nearly gone and there's not much support for my feets left. In fact, the only muscles that are painfully sore the day after are the muscles in my feet/ankle areas.

For now Simon and I will take either longer walks or go for more walks each day. I'm going to drink more water (with lemon, om nom), find a way to eat more protein and veggies (cheap calories but super filling), and start doing my shredding every day instead of every other day. I eased myself into the program, now it's time to actually put all of my effort into each workout.

I still need to find a scale. The walmart here didn't have a single one. I searched the ENTIRE store! wtf. So either Kmart or Amazon is the next place to look.

I did have a cheat day yesterday as some of the FRG girls and I went to dinner at a local joint called Sharkbite. I allowed it because 1) I needed some social interaction and 2) I hardly ever go out to eat, period--even before the diet! I tried to make some halfway decent choices but I'm sure it failed miserably. Sharkbite isn't the healthiest place on earth. :P

Still waiting to hear back about some jobs I applied for....I think that will help me control my eating habits when I get a job. Sometimes I eat when I'm bored or sad--I've been trying to drink water (or a capri sun, they're only 35 calories per pouch) instead of eating but I'm sure you can relate to how well that's been working...lol

So now I'm going to get some water and some lemon juice to squeeze in, and maybe read a book. I'm not really sure. I don't want to squander the beautiful day but Simon and I already had an hour-long walk today. He's pretty pooped out! So maybe some "sunbathing" in the yard is just what we need.

1 comment:

  1. Hi I'm Emily! Please email me when you get a chance, I have a question about your blog!
    ewalsh874{at}gmail{dot}com

    ReplyDelete