March 8, 2013

Project planning!

Oh man, a back-to-back update! Holy sheeit man!

I applied for a couple jobs today. There's only one I really expect to hear back from, and even that is only because I got the impression that they had very few people apply. We'll see what happens, I guess.  A part-time job in the city we live in would be PERFECT. It's not too far of a drive (so gas won't be an issue), I could finally contribute to my little family, and I'd still have time with Ax once he's home from deployment.

After job-hunting, I spent entirely too much money at the commissary. I got hungry halfway through shopping and brought home a bunch of crap I really didn't need. In theory that means next week will be cheaper since I've already stocked up on some stuff. I guess in the end it all balances out.

I ordered some more fabric today! Two scrap baggies and a charm pack of baby motifs for Ax's cousin who is having a baby in October. I figure it'd make a good christmas gift for her and the baby. Then I set to work on organizing the charm packs I've already got...I have one charm pack that is black/white/gray. I'm gonna make a lap size quilt with it and frame the blocks with some bright red to really make it pop. I'm not sure if I'm going to sell it or give it as a gift. Shit, I just gotta put it together before I can figure out what to do with it!

Both my sister-in-law and my half-sister-in-law are getting lap quilts for christmas as well. I've picked out a pattern for each girl, and I'm going to start gathering the fabrics I'll need slowly but surely. I figure that in order to have them done for christmas I'm going to need everything gathered by June, since I hand-quilt my blankets.

Ax's big anchor quilt is coming along slowly but surely. I do a couple blocks every night. Right now it's just a quarter-block, with the stitching about a quarter-inch from each seam. I haven't decided if I'm going to do more with it after that or not.

On a different note, if you ever get a chance to read the Reacher series by Lee Child, DO IT. I finished the first one, Killing Floor, this morning. It was awesome! He uses the word "nosed" too much in reference to cars pulling out of a parking lot or off a street, but otherwise I think he's an excellent writer.

I was naughty with my diet and exercise today--it was supposed to be a shred day, and I didn't do it. Then I ate way over my allowed calories for the day. Shame on me! Tomorrow I'll do a shred and maybe another workout from youtube or something. I'm supposed to go to dinner with the FRG at a local place called Sharkbite, so we'll see what I can order there that's reasonably healthy. I expect to have an off day every once in a while...no sense in getting upset about it.

Now I'm gonna go fill in today's happenings in the little deployment journal I've started while Ax is gone, then grab a new book to read and go to bed. I haven't been sleeping well the last couple nights, so reading is a good way to "rest" without being bored out of my skull when I can't sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment