March 20, 2013

Some rambling thoughts.

So I'm taking this writing class on coursera.org. I've come to realize I'm probably not as good of a writer as I like to think I am. My writing abilities are something I've always taken pride in, and now that the pride in those abilities is shaken I don't really know what to do.

Once again, the lack of gainful employment is leaving me in doubt about my worth in this world. Gotta love those mini life-crises...

Humpf. If Ax was here I probably wouldn't feel so shitty about it all. But he's not, so I just gotta pick myself up and carry on. I will allow this as a pity party day. What I will not allow is emotional eating. I can have all the tea I want, but there will be NO emotional eating. Not even allowing vegetables for emotional eating. I HAVE to break that habit.

On an unrelated note:

I can't believe it's almost April. Where has March gone? In fact, where did 2012 and the beginning of 2013 go?? Dear time, please slow down. I'm trying to keep up but you're moving faster than I am!

I kind of fell off the diet/exercise bandwagon. Today, as mentioned, is my pity party. Tomorrow I will get back to my calorie counting / primal diet habits and do some kind of workout. I haven't really gained any weight but I do feel sluggish and sad more than when I was working out every other day.

The FRG meeting last night was interesting. It was my first meeting, so I didn't really know what to expect. I signed up for the homecoming committee...I would have volunteered to be the head of the committee but I feel like I'm not quite qualified since this will be my first homecoming. We'll see what happens, I suppose. I added a few of the women on facebook. Now maybe I can actually make some friends instead of just seeing them at events and meetings.

April's meeting has a make it / bake it / fake it thing, which is an auction of sorts. I'm trying to decide what to make. I have just about a month to put something together. Hmmmmmmm.


With that, now I'm gonna go make tea and watch cartoons. Because I'm mature like that. Yep. Simon will continue to whine that he's not allowed out while it's raining.

2 comments:

  1. Emotional eating is SUCH a hard habit to break; I still do it sometimes. I do think that sometimes it is completely necessary to cheer yourself up with a cookie or frozen yogurt.

    I cannot believe it's almost April. Seriously ridiculous. Does it at least feel like spring by you?? It is SO COLD up here in WI. I need to move. Like now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was really hoping to meet you at the meeting.
    I was looking on the meet up and reading people profiles and yours had a link to your blog, so of course I had a look :p
    I loved reading some of your entries, and then I saw that you liked to quilt and I thought to myself JACKPOT! lol
    I have only just started making my first one, but its going well so far.
    I also mess about with embroidery and attempt sewing.
    And like you I am on a diet LOL I have lost 18lbs since they left! woo hoo.
    Pretty sure it wont take me long to put it back on though.
    I tried to look you up on facebook but couldn't find you.
    Any ways hit me up if you want :)
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete