March 24, 2013

you do not air your dirty laundry in public.

I felt like watching some trashy TV on netflix, so I started watching Army Wives.

It's surprisingly hard to watch, actually. A lot of it is way overdone and ridiculous but there are some awfully realistic scenes. Basically anything doing with deployment really hits home right now. I know for Ax and I it's different, and it's different because we're Navy and not Army.

But I'll be damned if I haven't had some tear-filled moments.  And not many things make me cry.

I really miss Ax. It's only a few more months. I can do this. I will not quit or let it get the best of me.


Simon is currently sleeping with his nose smooshed into my thigh and keeps giving me a dirty look because he can't breathe. aaaannnddd he just farted. gross. ughhh.

I am trying to repair my mom's raggedy ann doll that her foster dog...ah...mugged. Poor Ms. Ann was decapitated and then lost half her face. Her dress was also torn, but it's so shredded I can't fix it. New fabric is on the way to make her a new dress. I'm kind of excited--I've never made any kind of clothing before! I'm still a bit apprehensive about giving Ms. Ann a new face. The original face was embroidered, and I've never done that either. Good thing I have a ton of muslin to work with. haa.

Other than that, not too much is happening around here. It rained for a solid 36 hours, which is...interesting. I have never seen it rain that hard for that long.

Time for some tea and then more puppy cuddles. as long as Simon doesn't fart more. p.u.!

No comments:

Post a Comment