March 5, 2013

And the world flips upside down again...

As I'm talking to my sister-in-law. She is dating a Sailor as well, and he moves to Virginia sometime this year...and she plans to move with him. Nevermind that he might not be able to live off-base until he makes a certain rank, that she may not find a job, that she might not even be accepted to any schools down there... (up there? idk how to phrase it)

Just...what the fuck? We move away and everything is jumbled like a game of Boggle.

I understand both the cousin and sister are old enough to make their own life decisions, but DAMN. Did I start a trend by marrying Ax??

Don't get me wrong, it'd be nice to have some part of the family closer (though VA is still a solid day's drive)...but Jesus Christ. Seriously?

I'm trying to be supportive for my sister-in-law (maybe I relate to her better), but even this is hard not to criticize her for her choices. I think I'm a bit hesitant to be happy because I know how much shit goes into moving ALL of your stuff across the country--and neither of them have a car to speak of so that's gonna make it even harder for them.

I'm not saying they can't do it. I'm sure they can make it work. It's just the getting from WI to VA that's gonna be most problematic for them. I don't know that either of them realize how much work it's going to be. That's all.

Time to go reload the dishwasher...I need some time to process the bombshells I've been under attack from. How do I even explain this to Ax? Jesus...

No comments:

Post a Comment