March 4, 2013

Taxes, doggie snores, and diets

I try not to be judgmental. I really do! I used to judge every single little thing back in high school and early college. As I grew and made new kinds of friends I learned not to judge nearly as often as I once did.

That said, I am just at a loss for words in regards to one of Ax's family members. His cousin got pregnant with a boyfriend she's had for just under four months. She does not practice safe sex in the least, so quite frankly I'm surprised it took this long. Ax was...ah, less than pleased, shall we say? This cousin is pretty close in age to us, so while it's not insane for her to be pregnant, she is not quite in a mental or emotional state to be having a baby. As far as I'm concerned anyway.

As if that wasn't enough, now she's marrying the baby daddy. How can you know after four months that your boyfriend is the one you want for life? I can't talk about that much--I mean, I did know Ax was "the one" after about 6 months, but I knew him for a while beforehand--but still.

I just worry for the welfare of this baby. Flying Spaghetti Monster help it, whichever gender it may end up being. I am also glad we're not going to the wedding, since it's during this deployment. Christmas is gonna be interesting though...

Unrelated, I've been busting my (metaphorical) balls trying to find a job. While I love spending time with my dog, reading, quilting, and whatnots....I wish I had more of a "purpose". I've put in a couple applications so now I just get to wait I guess. Sigh.

I've gotten a couple calls from Ax so far which is nice. He's sunburnt as all get-out...so I have the odd feeling that when he comes back in a few months instead of being pale as a ghost he'll be back to his normal color. LOL. He'd probably be the only one, too. Other guys have probably listened to their wives about using sunscreen....just sayin'. ;)

I'm going to get back to the 30 day shred tomorrow. Shark week kicked in today and I just felt so shitty, like I do every first day of shark week. Simon and I had a nice stroll, we took a nap, played in the yard...just kinda took it easy. I am sticking to the diet part pretty well though. I'm really only cutting out junk food and soda, and giving myself a calorie limit via the Lose It app on android. Next paycheck I'm getting a food scale and a body scale. I haven't officially weighed myself, and I think the food scale will help get the portions more accurate. For stuff that's measured in grams I just kinda eyeball it and I'm probably still overeating in the calorie department.

Today I got our state taxes done at the NEX, and the lady was nice enough to check our federal stuff too. We're getting more money back! It may be...what's a good word...deceiving, but I'm going to stash some of it away without telling Ax. Quite frankly, we have crap for savings and putting a chunk into a savings account will give us a good start. Ax tends to spend impulsively and then we end up broke between paychecks. Our state refund will get us some new end tables after Simon's frat-boy antics a couple weeks ago.

And with that, I'm gonna go make some tea, watch the dog woof in his sleep, and maybe read some of my book.

No comments:

Post a Comment