March 7, 2013

My baby loves me just the way that I am.

Nothing like blogging and looking at quilty stuff with a nice hot mug of English Breakfast tea. om nom.

So the diet thing is going pretty well. I've been looking for a multivitamin that isn't as big as my dog's paw, and the nice guy at GNC found a liquid one for me. Next paycheck I'll have to stop in for it. The gummy vitamins hurt my jaw (TMJ), so perhaps this liquid will work. From what I read you can mix it into water or milk or just drink the capful plain.

I'm using LoseIt to track my food intake; I am SO deprived of protein it's almost sickening. Gonna have to think up more protein snacks. I already have a freezer full of chicken, but chicken gets boring. I don't really enjoy red meat either. And fish has an awful texture I can't get over. Perhaps some nuts? I'll have to google.

"Our" song comes on the radio here at random and I don't know how I feel about it. On one hand, I love it--the country station in Milwaukee almost never played it. On the other, it just makes me miss Ax so much more than I already do. There is a very precious memory attached to this song and often times when I hear it, it makes me long for those days before all this military business.  (In case you were wondering, the song is "Would You Go With Me" by Josh Turner.)

On the job-hunting front, I've found a couple things to apply for. I think the trick to not getting discouraged is to only do the hunting every other day, or every two days. That way I trick my brain into thinking I haven't seen all the listings before, and I look at them with fresh eyes. That said, I have several applications sent in and a few resumes to drop off or fax tomorrow while I'm out. I'm hoping to get something local instead of having to drive to JAX...crossing my fingers! I'd really love the library position I applied for, but my hopes aren't too high on that one. I'm sure they have a lot of people applying for it.

We've gotten a couple calls from Ax the last few days! He called from the boat one day, and this morning I got a call before they were going out drinking. They've moved onto the boat but they're still doing work before pulling out of port. At the rate he's going, he'll still be sunburned when he gets back home. Sigh. He's been busy but he seems to be enjoying himself. I suppose if I went to school for an entire year for something, I'd be enjoying actually doing something related to that job as well, instead of standing around doing duty days or exploring a tiny tiny island in the middle of bumblefuck nowhere.

When he called this morning I told him about a dream I had: we were married, just like now. I don't recall if he was in the Navy or not, but anyway...he cheated on me with a girl we had met at a party. The girl felt bad and eventually came clean. I flipped my shit entirely. I was angry. I remember how angry I was--I woke myself up a little grinding my teeth!--and then she told me that she wasn't the only one. There were 18 other girls he cheated on me with in the span of two years. Then I really got pissed. I said something about how they were both lucky I didn't have a firearm--Ax would have been dead and I would have shot out her knee for hooking up with him in the first place. And then I woke up.

The whole thing is silly because Ax has said many times he has no skills with women. Considering i did most of the work to get our relationship moving, this does not surprise me.

What makes it weird is that Ax had a similar dream last night (well, last time he slept. they're half a day ahead of us)! Only he walked in on me in bed with another dude. I apparently crawled back and begged for forgiveness. He woke up feeling really sad. :(

No one warned me about the weird dreams that are had during deployments! That is the first time we've had similar dreams, and we spent a couple minutes when he called today reassuring ourselves that our marriage is fine and that we're completely loyal and faithful. I think after how real both of the dreams were that we needed that reassurance. Especially since we're so far apart right now.

Interestingly, time is simultaneously flying by and crawling. I can't believe we'll be entering the second week of March in a few days!

Time to go look at more quilting stuff. I wish I could win the lottery so I could have a huge fabric stash...haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment