March 2, 2013

Day 1 of new me

So I still ate a shitty breakfast...gave it a few hours and then attempted the first day of Jillian Michael's 30 day shred.

Holy crap. I did not realize how out of shape I truly was until I tried 20 solid minutes of exercise. I am in awful, awful shape. I managed to do about 15 minutes, I think. And the 5 minutes that I was just dying, I managed to do some part of the exercise--so if it was jump roping, I'd just do the arm movements, for example. It didn't help that Simon thought me derping around meant playtime and I almost crushed his paws

I don't know what I was expecting, but it certainly wasn't that. I felt pretty crappy yesterday, so there may be some residual "ick" feeling impacting me as well.

That said, I will try again Monday. My knees are pretty awful (genetically speaking) and a day of rest will help me accomplish more on Monday.

I sound like I'm making excuses. I probably am. I'll just continue to stick a cold water bottle between my tater tots (ha) to cool down and write.


Unrelated, my mom is trying to "help" me find a job. Too bad she's named everything I've applied to and never heard back from. They're struggling too, but they're still making more money than Ax and I am. I'm very grateful they're paying my loans, don't get me wrong. My mom just manages to say things in the worst possible way to make me feel like utter crap. I'm busting my ass trying to find a job, even a part-time one, and have come up with zero. I did apply for a library clerk position but who knows how long it'll be until I hear back. I also applied for some other stuff through the GA department of labor...so I guess now I sit and wait.

Today I get to do chores, whoopie. It's pretty chilly out for us today, with a wind advisory and whatnot. Simon will be disappointed that he doesn't get to sniff out the open window. haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment